Certifications in the area of Aviation
An approval is indispensable for using products in aviation. In Europe, the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is responsible for these approvals. The European authority issues certification specifications referring to the European Technical Standard Orders (ETSO) and finally to EUROCAE/RTCA documents. These standards define technical requirements which have to be fulfilled. They address hard- and software issues as well as GNSS specific applications. Only companies acknowledged by the European authority as a design organisation have the privilege of obtaining an ETSO approval for these products. GAUSS and its partners have the capability of certifying products which are compliant to the applicable specifications. Furthermore, a continued airworthiness service for these products is provided by GAUSS members.
Module content/ Modulinhalt
- ETSO Approval
- Certification Compliance Summary and Certification Documentation
- Continued Airworthiness of certified products
- Certification Program development and Certification Support
- Qualification Tests and Simulations and Safety Assessment
- Software Quality Management in accordance with ED-12B / RTCA/DO-178B
Benefit for the customer/ Kundennutzen
An approval which will be compliant to the regulations by the European Commission and EASA.